22 Dec A View from My Couch
I finally did it. This year I joined the 41% of Boomers who prefer to shop online.
For the first time, I have finally bought into the idea of online shopping. I used to worry that my stuff would get lost in shipping or end up at the neighbor’s house. I guess that was ‘old-school’ thinking.
I finally have all of the necessary usernames and passwords, all stored properly in a place where I can find them. I am no longer considered a “Guest Member.”
I am happily couch-bound this year. Here are the reasons I am not moving…
- You can shop in the middle of the night. Old Spice is a heavy sleeper.
- You can get stuff in multiple sizes FOR FREE— and the next day it can all go back FOR FREE. I have no idea how some retailers are making money.
- You have to run into nobody. Enough said.
- Parking is FREE. So far, there is no meter on the couch.
- You can get anything your holiday list desires. Millennials are experts at sending links…and voila! The gift is ‘en route’ and I am still ‘on couch’. Did they notice it’s coming from Tokyo?
- Obviously all this leads me to the absolute best part…you don’t have to leave your house!
- You can see what the clothes really look like because (presumably) your mirror is not slanted. There is no skinny side. You can catch a glimpse of yourself naked all by yourself in a real mirror. It’s not pretty— but it’s not slanted.
- And you can find almost anything online without having to drive and park at six different stores, only to hear they just sold the last one!
I must say there is pure joy in having Lite-Brite delivered to your front door. There is also pure joy in knowing that Lite-Brite is still a thing!